Wednesday 3 June 2015

Ninja Restaurant _ Wednesday, June 3

It rained in the morning but cleared in the afternoon.

We went to "Ninja Restaurant" today.  I attended one of graduate seminar classes in the morning and I used up most of my energy therefore I gave up going to Roppongi Hills.

I arrived at the restaurant about 6:40pm.  When I got there I noticed something open between buildings..  The sky.  It is almost for the first time for me to see the sky in Tokyo.  The restaurant is right next to Akasakamitsuke station, and the area, Akasaka, is next to the imperial palace, which are surrounded by the green area.

I heard that students visited Akihabara, Shibuya or Roppongi before coming to the restaurant.  - I am surprised that they still have energy to walk around Tokyo...  I think that I am a little worn out.

Our meeting time was 6:50 and we booked a room from 7:00 to 9:30pm.  Since this is a theme restaurant, we can not be late.



Everyone made it on time!

We had eight courses.  I just show them all here.

Cracker

 Cold tomato soup (soup base and croutons matched nicely!)

Chicken with black Panko (very tasty Panko)

Cold soup (Thai taste)

I forgot to take a photo of the pasta dish. (I felt that I ate enough at this point...)

Main: Salmon or Pork
OR

Sushi (too much wasabi on Salmon sushi.  I head screams everywhere...)

Desert + drink


All servers were dressed like Ninja.  They entertained us various ways.  I particularly enjoyed "Magic show" done by "Ninja master".  It was a serious, professional magic.  Tom signed his name on one card and gave it to Ninja.  He did some trick and gave a sealed envelope from his wallet in his small bag to Tom.  Then when he opened the envelope, the card with his signature appeared from the envelop!!!  ????

We were all puzzled.  I was sitting about 50cm away from the ninja but I could not see his trick.  Wow!  I heard "Sugeeeee-----" (slang of "sugoi" = wonderful).

I am not a restaurant critic - like John Gilchrist back in Calgary - but this restaurant is truly entertaining and food was awesome.  (You need to spend more than double if you eat this level of food in Calgary.)  All servers were very professional that they use English and Japanese accordingly (I love this!).  It seems that majority of customers at the restaurant were foreigners, but both Japanese and English speakers can enjoy at this restaurant.



We were asked to leave at 9:25pm.  We got out from the restaurant at 9:30pm.


We had a fantastic time!



No comments:

Post a Comment