Thursday 14 May 2015

Edo Tokyo Museum _Thursday, May 14

Fourteen students plus one student from Indonesia went to Edo-Tokyo museum today.

It was so easy to walk in group.  We all know which side of the street we have to walk.


And we know we can sit in the train if we take so called "section" - semi express trains.



I took a picture here when we were separated on the way to Asakusa last Friday. They looked very worried last time but they look so relaxed this time.




The Edo-Tokyo museum was very busy today since the special exhibition will end on Sunday.
Although we only had less than two hours to explore the museum, many managed to see as much as possible and found very interesting souvenirs for friends, family and for themselves.

I particularly like to see the mini Edo display.


The museum was right next to Sumo stadium, and we happened to see some Sumo wrestlers.

I was glad to hear that students enjoyed visiting the museum and commented that they wanted to spend more time there.  Well, next time when I visit Tokyo with students (in 2018, I think), I definitely would like to include this museum in our itinerary.

When we got out from the museum, it was already "rush hour" again.  However, since we are experienced traveler, we had NO problem.

We could even take some pictures in Shinjuku.

On the way home, we split up two groups to eat out.  I went to a small Soba restaurant near the Mukogaokayuen station with seven students.  I was so impressed to see that students figured out how to buy tickets for food.  They don't have to talk to the server, however, they need to find out how to buy tickets which has NO English instructions.

I was so happy and thrilled to see how much individual students learnt since we arrived here last week.  Well done, everyone.  I am so proud of you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment