Friday 8 May 2015

Our Adventure _Friday, May 8


It was 8:30 in the morning
We are all ready to go!

It was almost 8:50am when we arrived at Mukogaokayuen station. 

Well, I should know that it was still "rush hours" in Tokyo.  
Most of people are commuters on the train.
BUT, somehow, I forgot. 

We were lucky to be able to get on the earlier "express" train to Shinjuku.
I was with a couple of students, I saw other students got on the same train, to Shinjuku - I thought.
The journey was not too bad, even if the train was packed with people.  It was a kind of manageable level.  Some said to me that they were happy to be able to experience "rush hours" in Tokyo.  

The time went by.
Suddenly, I heard the announcement saying that "this train won't go to Shinjuku."
"What??"
"Why?"

Sorry, everyone.
It was my imagination that all train on Odakyu line go to Shinjuku.  

The announcement went on.
".....  Please change the train at the next station.  For customers who plan to go to Shinjuku, please get on the train which is waiting at the same plat form immediately as that train will be leaving shortly."

I was so disappointed that I had no control for this incident.  
I wanted to see how many were on the same train.

The train approached to the next station and we were pushed out by a big wave of people who waned to change the train. We followed people and got on the train which were already waiting for customers to get on.  

Within 1 min?
The train started moving.

I saw Shawn, Mitchell and Xian Meng looking at our train.
It was like a real TV show.  

I was happy to see some faces on the same train.  
I hoped that Shawn could handle since this was his second trip to Japan.  
I knew that Xian Men was talking about a portable wifi. I hope that he got it.
I was glad to see that Mitch was not alone.


Please count.  How many they were.
Only 15 students.
Where were 5 students.....?

According the numerous number of reports from students, Alice and Jennifer could not get on the train at Mukogaokayuen station.  They don't have a portable wifi therefore they have to search for "wifi"area to use internet if they did not have any information with them 

It was still 9:20am. 
We had about 15 minutes to wait for these students.  

I told students that we would meet at Shinjuku anyways, but realized that I did not tell them which exit.  Also there are many platforms, the train which we got on arrived platform 9.  I did not think that we could go to Zojoji together. 

For the worst scenario, we will meet at JR Hamamatsucho station at the South exit at 11:10am. 
I hope that we could meet them by then.


How many students were there??
20!

Yes, 20.
I don't know how we manage to get together in Shinjuku, which is one of biggest station in the world.

This was truly our first Adventure.  

to be continued if I have time today.



Zojoji












1 comment: