Wednesday 13 May 2015

Typhoon_Tuesday, May 13

The typhoon approached to Japan and went through the Tokyo area last night.  It was not too bad after all we had a very hot day today.

I am not sure how many noticed but there was a small earthquake at 6:15am.  If someone felt it, then this would be the first one since we came to Japan.

I went to Shubuya today.  My original plan was to go to a book store before meeting my mother and sisters, however, I got lost and spent too much for exchanging money from the travellers' cheques to Japanese yen (cash), I did not have much time to do anything except seeing my family.

It seems that Japanese banks stopped dealing with traveler' cheques. I went to one of largest bank in Japan in Shibuya first and spent more than 30 minutes to wait to see if the branch could deal with cheques from Canada.  Surprisingly, after 30 minutes, that brunch declined to deal with it.  Well, they are so polite to me so I have nothing to complain though...

And then, I got lost completely and walked somewhere.  I walked though a narrow street which I went a couple of times about 30 years ago but it did not help to find the way at all.

I had very nice Sushi for lunch.  I also had so called "Sashimi salad"

This was only 800 yen (about $8 CAN)!!

Students started Japanese lessons today.
There was no report of any incidents, which was really good.

We will go to "Edo-Tokyo museum" tomorrow afternoon.  14 students will go together. I am sure that this is going to be another adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment