Saturday 16 May 2015

Kamakura _ Saturday, May 16

Our another busy day started in the eating area in the International House (dorm).  
We were told that there were two extra tickets for this trip. Why??  It took us more than 20 minutes to find out that two students were still in their bed at 9:00am - our meeting time!!!!  


Roughly speaking, two students from UofC and three students from Senshu made one group and  spend  a day together. 



This is my team.

We started from the dorm, walked down the street on the right hand side, 

And switched to the left along the train track.  We puzzled for a couple of days, how things work around Senshu university, but we naturally found out their own special rule.  

We met a couple of different groups on the way to Kamakura.  They looked very excited.

It was too bad that we could not see much because it was cloudy almost all day.  There were many surfers in the sea - can you see a little dots over the traffic?

Our first destination was "Hase temple" (Hase dera).  It has a very beautiful garden.





We had "soba" for lunch. (This is my lunch.)

It seems that there were shops everywhere.  There were many sweets shops and souvenir shops.  Since were are "girls only" team, we spent hours for shopping.  Most of us ate so much!   I wish I had one more stomach to try all food I saw today.  

The great Bhudda of Kamakura (Kamakura no Daibutsu) looked bigger than last time when I visited almost thirty years ago. 

Tsurugaoka Hachimangu




We were getting pretty tired, but somehow recovered - maybe because more shopping and eating- we recovered and headed to "Enoshima" - a small island near Kamakura.  

We met another group in town.  

We met a lively group of girls in Enoshima. 

Together with my team, I took a lovely photo. 

Our day ended almost 9:30pm - 12 hours of walking! I am very stiff.  
I heard that there will be a sport event on Sunday - from 10am.  

We all had another wonderful day with hundreds of photos and a lot of memories.
I would like to say thank you to all CAs (Campus Assistants) to spend all day with my students.
ありがとうございました! (arigato gozaimashita. =Thank you very much!)


No comments:

Post a Comment