Tuesday 26 May 2015

Quiet Day _ Monday, May 25

I spent all day near the university today.
Students also had a quiet day, I thought.  However, many went out somewhere.

There was an earthquake about 2:30pm. It was magnitude 5.6.
I went to the dorm to see how students were doing.

I only met two students there.  Many students were out already.  Later, they told me that they did not feel anything!?? They noticed there was something wrong when they heard warning sound from cellphones from the Japanese people around them.


I have nothing to write today, so I am going to write about food in Japan.

I love salad.
I often order salad dishes whenever I eat out.

This is the salad which I had in Shubuya.  It cost only 900 yen (about $9)!

This smoked salmon salad was only 700 yen (about $7) at the Italian restaurant next to Mukogaokayuen station.

The portion seems much smaller compare to the salad in Canada,  but there are variety of dressings here in Japan.  I had never had the same taste so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment